Top 10 Samsung phones to get Android 4.2 update
KYMI lists the top 10 Samsung smartphones in line to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean platform
Android's Jelly Bean operating system is currently one of the most functional and user friendly in the market and with every successive build, it keeps getting better and better. Samsung is one of the most popular makers of Android handsets and is slowly but surely bringing the Android 4.2 build to its lineup. Take a look at the top 10 Samsung smartphones most likely to receive Android Jelly Bean's version 4.2 in the near future.
1. Galaxy Grand Duos: Currently running Android Jelly Bean version 4.1, the Galaxy Grand Duos is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor, a 2100 mAh battery and a 1 GB RAM. The dual-Sim, 3G enabled handset packs in an 8-megapixel rear snapper and a 2-megapixel secondary camera. Its 5-inch display comes with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and a pixel density of 187ppi. Samsung has given the phone 8 GB of internal storage which is expandable by up to 64 GB externally. The Grand Duos also ships with cloud storage of 50 GB in Dropbox.
2. Galaxy Grand: The single-Sim version of the Galaxy Grand Duos, this handset also runs on a 1.2 GHz processor, Android Jelly Bean version 4.1, a 1 GB RAM and a 2100 mAh battery. The phone ships with 8 GB of internal memory which is expandable externally by 64 GB. Its 5-inch display is equipped with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and a pixel density of 187ppi. The 3G enabled phone houses an 8-megapixel primary snapper and a 2-megapixel front-facer.
3. Galaxy S2 Plus: Powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, this smartphone packs in a 4.3-inch display. Its screen offers users a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and a pixel density of 217ppi. The phone is also equipped with an 8-megapixel rear facing camera and a 2-megapxiel front facing snapper. A 1 GB RAM and a 1650 mAh battery help power the device. This 3G and NFC enabled handset comes with 8 GB of in-built storage with external memory expansion support for up to 64 GB.
4. Galaxy S3 Mini: The smaller, more compact version of the popular Galaxy S3 high-ender, the Galaxy S3 Mini runs on a 1 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor, a 1 GB RAM, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and a 1500 mAh battery. Connectivity options on the handset include NFC and 3G. The smartphone houses a 4-inch display that packs in a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and a pixel density of 233ppi. Its primary 5-megapixel camera is accompanied by a smaller VGA front-facer. 16 GB of its internal memory is expandable by up to 32 GB externally.
5. Galaxy S3: The tech world is abuzz with rumours about whether Samsung will or will not upgrade this best seller to the Android 4.2 build. Speculation is rife that the handset might directly move to Android 4.3 in the coming months but till this news is confirmed, the phone stays on our top 10 list.
The NFC enabled Galaxy S3 is powered by a quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex A9 chipset, a Mali 400MP GPU, a 2100 mAh battery and a 1 GB RAM. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right now. The best seller packs in a 4.8-inch display that sports a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and a pixel density of 306ppi. Samsung has given the phone an 8-megapixel primary sensor and a 1.9-megapixel secondary camera. The handset ships in variants of 16, 32 or 64 GB of internal memory, each with support for external memory expansion by up to 64 GB.