Top 7 Samsung smartphones to watch out for in 2014
Samsung is prepping a range of new-age handsets for the coming year. KYMI lists out 7 of the tech giant's most anticipated offerings
Korean tech giant Samsung is on a roll these days, making handsets to suit everyone's needs and fancies. Word around tech town is that the giant has a host of exciting smartphones lined up for 2014 as well. We round them up.
1. Samsung Galaxy S5: Samsung's 2014 flagship is expected to have it all: a 64-bit processor, a 2K resolution display, a 4 GB RAM and a 16-megapixel camera with OIS. Rumour has it that the tech giant is going to give its newbie a fully metal chassis in a squarer, less rounded form. The phone will most likely come with the latest version of Anrdoid 4.4 KitKat and pack in some gorgeous imagery in its sleek and sexy frame.
2. Galaxy Note 3 Lite: A cheaper, less powerful version of the well endowed Galaxy Note 3 phablet, the Galaxy Note 3 Lite is believed to sport either a 5.49 or a 5.7-inch LCD display with an 8-megapixel camera in tow. It will be powered by the latest Android build, with Samsung's own add-ons helping it along the way. The phablet will most likely ship in black and white variants and look and feel a lot like the Galaxy Note 3, though it might not have its faux leather casing to boast of.
3. Galaxy Grand Lite: An affordable variant of the Galaxy Grand and Grand 2, the Galaxy Grand Lite is expected to pack in a 5-inch WVGA display, a 5-megapixel primary camera and a VGA secondary snapper. It is likely powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, a 1 GB RAM, a 2100 mAh battery and Android 4.3. It reportedly houses 8 GB of in-built memory which can be expanded externally. The dual-Sim smartphone is speculated to ship in Midnight Black, Lime Green, Orange and White.
4. Two Entry Level Smartphones: Samsung is reportedly prepping two more entry level handsets for the 2014 smartphone arena. Though details about the devices are not known as yet, given the functionality and compatibility of Android 4.4, they should pack in quite a punch without breaking the bank. We hope to see plenty of storage, new-age functionality and sturdy inners on the newbies, with a host of Samsung's add-ons thrown in.
5. Galaxy Win Pro: A mid-range handset, the Galaxy Win Pro is apparently powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, a 2,100 mAh battery and Android 4.2. It reportedly packs in a 4.5-inch qHD display, a 5-megapixel camera and a VGA front facer. The handset also boasts of dual-Sim functionality and external memory expansion via a microSD card.
6. Tizen Smartphone: Though not much is as yet known about Samsung's Tizen offering, word around the web is that the handset is alive and kicking and developing steadily. Based on the Tizen operating system , it is said to be prepped to give Android gadgets a run for their money. Though 2014's first Tizen smartphone may be a basic one, subsequent handsets should be more powerful, given that Tizen 3.0 will apparently be able to support 64-bit processors, large RAMs and 3D UIs by the end of the coming year.
7. Galaxy Gear 2: The Korean tech giant will apparently be sprucing up its smartwatch act next year as well. Its second generation wearable device will not only work with a wide range of compatible smartphones and tablets, it is expected to function well as a standalone gadget too, specially with its built-in GPS.