How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 ICS via Kies
Know Your Mobile shows you how to update your Galaxy S2 to the latest Google iteration, Android Ice Cream Sandwich via Samsung Kies software
There is great news for Samsung fans eyeing Galaxy S2 smartphones. The newer units showing a April 2012 import date or later are shipping with Android 4.0 ICS update. This new development hints at the potential Android 4.0 roll-out for all other Galaxy S2 devices as well.
Once the Android 4.0 update is rolled out, users need to follow these simple and easy steps to upgrade their devices.
Firstly you will need to download Samsung's Kies 2.0 software from the official website and install it on your computer. Once the software is installed, follow the following steps:
- Open the Samsung Kies 2.0 program on your computer.
- Attach the device to your computer using a Micro USB or cable.
- A message should pop-up on your screen with the software version information. If you can't see the pop up message, look for options within Kies which says ‘Firmware upgrade' and click on it.
- Click on 'Update' to begin the download process.
- 'Check' the box next to ‘I have read all of the above information' box, after reading the instructions.
- Select 'Start upgrade'.
- Now you will get the option of backing up your data on the S2 device. If you choose to backup (highly recommended), it will take couple of minutes to backup. Once finished, click on 'Complete'.
- Now the Kies is set to download the entire Android 4.0 ICS update, make sure you do not disconnect your handset.
- After the process is completed a message will pop up on the screen saying ‘Firmware upgrade complete'.
- Now press OK
Once your device reboots itself, you should be able to experience the latest Android ICS on your Galaxy S2 smartphone.
Here is a video tutorial as well showing you how to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy device to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS):