How to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy Note
We show you how to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Note to clear all data and restore its original settings
Know Your Mobile India shows you how to perform a hard reset if your smartphone-hybrid stops responding or if you just want to turn the device back to its original settings. To reset the Galaxy Note, we have included two methods:
To factory reset your smartphone, first go to the homescreen and press the 'Menu' button.
Now click on 'Settings'.
Once you enter the 'Settings' menu, scroll down till you spot the 'Privacy' option.
Now select 'Factory Data Reset'. You will need to check the 'Erase Internal Storage' option if you want to remove all the content from your device's internal storage. This includes erasing applications, music, movies or photos. If you want to keep the storage content intact, don't select the the 'Erase Internal Storage' option.
Lastly click on 'Reset Phone'. Now your device will be restored to its original factory settings.
If for any reason your phone becomes unresponsive and you are unable to perform the hard reset using 'Option 1' follow these instructions:
- First you need to press and gently hold the Power/Lock button for 15 to 20 seconds.
- When the device reboots you will see multiple options on the screen. Using the 'Volume Down' button to scroll and the 'Volume Up button' to select, navigate to the 'Recovery' option on the screen.
- Now the device will start up with Samsung logo and Android logo with an exclamation mark.
- The next step is to press the Volume Up button and Volume Down button together. This will display a blue text in the background.
- Once again using the Volume Down button to scroll down and the 'Volume Up button' to select, choose 'Wipe Data'/'Factory Reset'.
- Press the Power key to confirm the selection.
- A 'yes' option will pop up on the screen. Use the Volume Down button to select the option followed by Volume Down button to confirm.
- Now the device will start the 'factory reset' process.
- When the formatting is complete, press the power button to confirm a reboot.
- You will see a 'Rebooting' message on the screen, after which the device will power up as normal.