How to set up a Wi-Fi connection on the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc
Check out our simple guide to connecting your Sony Ericsson Xperia arc to a Wi-Fi network
To connect Sony Ericsson Xperia arc to a Wi-Fi network simply follow these instructions.
If you're using your Sony Ericsson Xperia arc for the first time, you can easily select the Wi-Fi network you'd like to join using the setup manager.
When you opt in for either Mobile Network or Wi-Fi, or just Wi-Fi, the Xperia arc will by default try to connect to a Wi-Fi network near you.
Select the network you wish to connect to, enter the password if required and you're set up.
If you want to change the settings, or set it up for the first time, you can do this through the Settings menu.
Note: If you're attempting to access a network-based page or app, you may be required to set up a new Wi-Fi connection. When prompted, select the option to set up a new connection.
1. Access the Wi-Fi settings menu by navigating to the Wireless & networks menu
2. Select Wi-Fi settings
3. Choose a listed network, or add a hidden network by selecting Add Wi-Fi network
4. If you choose one of the listed networks and it's secured, enter the password, press Connect and you'll be connected to that network
5. If you wish to access a hidden network, select Add Wi-Fi network and enter the SSID
6. If a password is required, you'll be prompted to enter this before connecting